Fresh, simple & full of vitamin C, this lemonade water kefir soda is a favourite to many water kefir fans.
MAKES: about 4 cups
4 cups first ferment
1/4 cup lemon juice or half a fresh squeezed lemon
- Make the first ferment and leave the jar in a warm place for 24-48 hours.
- Strain the grains and add the lemon juice to a swivel top bottle with the first ferment.
- Seal up the bottle and leave it in a warm place for 24 hours for the second ferment.
- Burp every 8 hours to ensure there is no overflow.
- Open slowly, strain and enjoy!
NEED TO KNOW:
Ginger is a great addition to this recipe as the flavour pairs beautifully with lemon, and it adds that amazing immunity boost!