Springtime is the best time of year to enjoy this luscious fruit. Mangoes are like the tropical version of peaches – sweet and sublime with a very limited season. And, they’re highly nutritious, too.
MANGO GINGER WATER KEFIR SODA
MAKES: about 4 cups
4 cups first ferment
1/2 cup cubed mango (fresh or frozen)
5 cubes dried ginger or 3 pieces fresh
- Make the first ferment and leave the jar in a warm place for 24-48 hours.
- Strain the grains and add the water kefir to the swivel top bottle.
- Mash or blend the mango into a smooth puree
- Add mango puree and ginger cubes to the bottle. Seal and shake bottle so the mango blends with the water kefir. Open the lid to let out excess air.
- Seal up the swivel top bottle and leave it in a warm place for 24 hours for the second ferment
- Open slowly, pour and enjoy!
NEED TO KNOW:
This is a very active, fizzy recipe. Open the swivel top slowly, with a cloth over the lid, so it doesn’t spray and check your second ferment every 12 hours instead of 24.
Mangoes are highly nutritious, an excellent source of vitamin C and antioxidants.
This soda will give your body a big boost of vitamin C, probiotics, magnesium, B vitamins, folate, vitamin K, electrolytes and enzymes.
Also try our Mango Raspberry Water Kefir Soda Recipe