Strawberry Rose Water Kefir Soda Recipe
Fresh garden rose petals give this strawberry water kefir soda a unique flavour reminiscent of pink candy floss. It’s a lovely beverage to serve on a warm spring day.
STRAWBERRY ROSE WATER KEFIR SODA
MAKES: about 4 cups
4 cups first ferment water kefir
1/2 cup strawberries, diced into small pieces
6 fresh garden rose petals
• Make the first ferment and leave the jar in a warm place for 24-48 hours.
• chop fresh strawberries and put them into your swivel top bottle
• tear rose petals into smaller pieces and place into the swivel top bottle
• add first ferment water kefir
• Seal up the swivel top bottle and leave it in a warm place for 24 hours for the second ferment.
• Open slowly, strain and enjoy!
NEED TO KNOW:
Rose petals should be taken from unsprayed garden flowers. Florist roses are not suitable in food.
Fresh garden strawberries, organically grown, are best. Frozen strawberries can also be used.
Strawberries are one of the top 20 antioxidant foods, have a high content of Vitamin C and K.
This soda will give your body a big boost of vitamin C, probiotics, magnesium, B vitamins, folate, vitamin K, electrolytes and enzymes.