Add a probiotic boost to your mornings with this superfood smoothie recipe. Spinach, pomegranates, berries, banana and fresh orange juice—your body and your gut will thank you! This is a great recipe to share with the whole family. It is 100% kid certified and they won’t even know that they are drinking their vitamins, enzymes, minerals and probiotics.
- 1 banana
- 1 cup spinach
- 1/4 cup pomegranate juice
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup frozen blueberries
- 2 tbsp yogurt or coconut yogurt
- 1/2 cup first ferment water kefir
Directions for our Superfood Smoothie Recipe
- Make the first ferment of water kefir and leave the jar in a warm place for 24-48 hours
- Strain the grains, and measure out 1/2 cup of first ferment for the smoothie recipe. First ferment can be kept in the fridge for up to 14 days, or you can move on to the second ferment to flavour and carbonate it
- Add all ingredients to a highspeed blender and blend until smooth.
- Pour into a glass, and enjoy!
This smoothie is best consumed right away. If you want you could use nut milk instead of the orange juice to create a more substantial and filling smoothie.