You may have noticed that we use ginger root a lot. We love the spicy flavour and the equally impressive array of health benefits. From relieving motion sickness to improving brain function, this root provides so much goodness for your body.
Ginger has strong antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties. Here are some of the most well-known benefits of ginger:
- An excellent remedy for motion sickness and morning sickness. It’s most well-known for reducing nausea and vomiting.
- It has strong anti-fungal properties and helps yeast infections, jock itch and athlete’s foot, as well as other fungal issues.
- Helps prevent stomach ulcers by decreasing inflammation and reduce activity of enzymes related to ulcer formation.
- It reduces period cramps and headaches associated with menstrual pain.
- Has anti-cancer properties, thanks to the presence of the powerful compound called 6-gingerol. Studies have shown that ginger may be effective in blocking cancer cell grown in some types of cancer.
- Regulates blood sugar.
- Ginger reduces inflammation that causes arthritis-related joint and muscle pain.
- It naturally lowers cholesterol levels, reducing bad LDL cholesterol levels and increasing good HDL cholesterol.
- Ginger is believed to play an important role in the brain, protecting it from aging and cognitive decline.
- Blocks bacterial infections such as urinary tract infections and bronchitis.
- Promotes good digestion, reducing heartburn and discomfort. Ginger speeds up emptying the stomach.
Ginger is one of the most common dietary condiments in the world, enjoyed in many traditional cuisines. At Happy Gut, we incorporate it into our beverages freshly grated, juiced and as candied preserved cubes.