Drinkable Coconut Yogurt Recipe
Creamy, delicious and full of live probiotics, this drinkable coconut yogurt recipe is ready in 24 hours. Made with water kefir grains, is one you’ll come back to again and again. Our favourite twins, True and Aven, confirmed it was kid-good. They loved it!
MAKES: about 4 cups
2x can of coconut cream (not coconut milk)
1 can coconut milk
1/4 cup water kefir grains
1 cup fruit (fresh or frozen) – We love to use strawberries!
- Mix the coconut cream and coconut milk into a jar – stir well.
- Stir the water kefir grains into the jar.
- Ferment in a warm spot for 24-48 hours with the lid on. When you see small bubbles forming on the top, that’s the indicator that it’s ready.
- Place the jar into very warm water for about a half hour and the coconut cream will get runny. Do not get water inside the jar. Strain the grains out, rinse them in fresh, non-chlorinated water really well and store them into dormancy until you use them again.
- Pour the coconut yogurt mixture into the blender with fruit.
- Blend until well mixed.
- Enjoy the Drinkable Coconut Yogurt!
NEED TO KNOW:
Not all store bought yogurt has probiotics in it. Read more about it here.
For more information about fermenting nut milks click here.
This is not milk kefir which is made with a different kind of culture and dairy milk. While milk and water kefir processes are very similar, the grain cultures are different. Water kefir grains do not respond to dairy, and milk grains do not respond to non-dairy alternatives.