We are located in Canada, so we’re experts at fermenting in cold temperatures! Here are some of our top tips for keeping your ferment warm:
1. Place the ferments right up against your salt lamp. It warms with good heat and energy.
2. Keep the brewing jar on top of your fridge.
3. Put the brewing jar near your wood stove, where it’s comfortably warm and not too hot.
4. Wrap mini Christmas lights around the jar – ones that give off warmth.
5. Put them in your furnace room and set a reminder on your phone.
6. Place them on a seed growing mat
7. Put them in the cupboard above the fridge – typically quite warm
8. Place the jar into your yogurt maker
9.Place them on a cookie sheet into the oven with the light on. Leave a sticky note on the oven so you don’t turn it on with the brew inside.
10. Wrap the brewing jar in a towel and keep away from drafts.