Grape Ginger Water Kefir Gummies
Make your own healthy grape and ginger gummy candies with an addition of probiotic water kefir. Yum!
2/3 cups Welch’s grape juice
2 tbsp fresh grated ginger
2/3 cups water kefir first ferment
2 tbsp sugar or monk fruit sweetener or Swerve
2 tbsp gelatin
• In a small saucepan, bring grape juice and ginger to a low simmer and leave covered on low heat for 10 minutes.
• Remove saucepan from heat. Sprinkle the gelatin over the mixture, and allow to soak in for 2-3 minutes. Then, whisk together thoroughly.
• Add first ferment water kefir to the grape gelatin mixture, and whisk together thoroughly. Add the sugar or sweetener and keep wisking.
• Strain grape gelatine mixture into a 2 cup glass measuring cup with a pouring spout.
• Pour the liquid into candy molds. Yield will vary depending on the size of your molds.
• Store in the fridge for a minimum of 1 hour, then test if the gummy has set. Remove from the mold and enjoy! Keep stored in the fridge for up to 5 days.
Molds can be purchased on Amazon