While there are no short-cuts to losing weight, there are a few things you can do to boost your metabolism.
Exercising regularly, getting plenty of sleep and counting your carbohydrates are three of the best things you can do.
However, there are also foods that speed metabolism and thermogenics, so adding them to your diet may give you the extra edge to lose more weight.
How Water Kefir Aids in Weight Loss
Most people are unaware that water kefir can aid your body in losing the excess weight. When consuming water kefir, it brings balance to our body by flushing out the bad bacteria in our gut and repopulating the good bacteria. Thanks to it and the benefits it provides, we can improve the functioning of our body, as well as achieve metabolic stability.
People who are on the Keto diet or on low sugar diets are loving it because you get numerous health benefits from drinking the water kefir plus it has a super low sugar content.
They love having another option besides chemical laden diet soda and they get bored of the soda waters that have no health benefits.
Here’s What It Does
- It helps to regenerate the bacterial flora, improving constipation and digestion, allowing for better metabolism of fats and at the same time eliminating all the toxins in our body that cause us to be overweight.
- It is a low sugar drink. 5-10 grams of sugar as compared to 72 grams in Root Beer! (you can make the sugar content even lower by leaving your ferment longer)
- It SUPER BOOSTS your body with LIVE probiotics, Vitamin B1, B6, B12, Magnesium, Folate, Vitamin K, Electrolytes and Enzymes.
- It helps to purify toxins that normally are accumulated in our body by the consumption of other foods.
- The enzymes in water kefir aid in the digestion process preventing the excessive accumulation of fats.
- It helps stabilize blood glucose levels by reducing anxiety from eating sweets or high-fat foods.
- Improves the cardiovascular system, increasing resistance when doing physical exercises.
All these benefits are the factors that contribute to weight loss but it is important to clarify that the results vary depending on each person.
I recently got a message from a client who wanted to Thank me for introducing her to water kefir and she wanted to let me know how much of an energy boost she gets after she drinks it.
It gives me such joy to see that people are seeing great results just by drinking it on a regular basis!
Lemon, Ginger and Cayenne are all great foods to flavor your water kefir to help boost your metabolism.
Metabolism Boosting Lemon Ginger Cayenne Water Kefir Soda
1/4 cup lemon juice
5-10 cubes candied or fresh ginger
Pinch of cayenne pepper
Seal up the bottle and leave it in a warm place for 24 hours for the second ferment.
The water kefir eats up the natural sugars from the lemons and the ginger. The cayenne and the ginger also gives you the added boost by making your inner temperature rise.
All together it makes for a delicious fat burning soda.
I personally find that every sip leaves me wanting more.
I assume that it is the cayenne.
Kinda like eating salsa, you just can’t stop at one dip. 😉
Watch me make this recipe LIVE on YOUTUBE.
We love to see YOUR creations!
and be featured on our social media pages!
Find Happy Gut in over 70 retail locations across BC and Alberta
We Want To Hear From You!
We love our Happy Gut family and that includes you!
Do you have an excess of water kefir grains?
Reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Follow us on
Listen to a Podcast about the inception of Happy Gut here.
And as always, if you know someone who could benefit from this Blog post, we would so appreciate it if you would share it with them.
This Blog is proudly written in Canada with Love and Good Intentions,
Leeza Zurwick and The Happy Gut Team
p.s. stay tuned next week when I share some sneaky ways kombucha and water kefir sugars are labelled on bottles and how you may not be reaping the benefits you think you are. You will definitely be enlightened!
***All glasses and props graciously provide by The Gift Box in Castlegar BC ***