With this recipe you don’t have to add any additional sugar as the grains will eat up the natural sugars in the coconut water and make the ferment.
Pineapple Coconut Water Recipe
MAKES: about 4 cups
1/4 cup water kefir grains
4 cups coconut water
1/2 cup finely chopped pineapple or 1/4 cup pineapple juice
- Make the first ferment with 4 cups of coconut water and no added sugar.
- Leave the jar in a warm place for 24-48 hours.
- Strain the grains and add the pineapple or pineapple with the first ferment to the green swivel top bottle.
- Seal up the green swivel top bottle and leave it in a warm place for 24 hours for the second ferment.
- Open slowly, strain and enjoy!
NEED TO KNOW:
This Pineapple Coconut water kefir soda will give your immune system a boost of over 30 billion LIVE probiotics, magnesium, B vitamins, vitamin C, folate, vitamin K, electrolytes, enzymes and antioxidants.
Refrigerate immediately. It can last there for up to 8 weeks before it turns to vinegar.