Pairing rhubarb and lemon together makes for a great recipe as they are both filled with antioxidants. Rhubarb is a great source of fibre and calcium while lemons have lots of vitamin C. This combination may be a bit tart for your taste but try adding a bit of mint or basil to it to tame the tartness.
Rhubarb Lemonade Recipe
MAKES: about 4 cups
4 cups first ferment
1/4 finely chopped rhubarb
1/4 lemon juice
Opt. a few sprigs of mint or basil
- Make the first ferment and leave the jar in a warm place for 24-48 hours.
- Strain the grains and add the ingredients to the green swivel top bottle with the first ferment water kefir.
- Add to the green swivel top bottle with the first ferment water kefir.
- Seal up the green swivel top bottle and leave it in a warm place for 24 hours for the second ferment.
- Open slowly, strain and enjoy!
NEED TO KNOW:
This Rhubarb Lemonade soda will give your immune system a boost of over 30 billion LIVE probiotics, magnesium, B vitamins, vitamin C, folate, vitamin K, electrolytes, enzymes and antioxidants.
Refrigerate immediately. It can last there for up to 8 weeks before it turns to vinegar.