This soda is a low sugar recipe to re-hydrate your body on those hot summer days. Fermenting Coconut Water is different than making plain water kefir, since you don’t add any additional sugar to the ferment. The water kefir grains eat up all of the natural sugars in the coconut water and produce a lovely, extra low sugar, fermented product that is brimming with live probiotics and a high concentration of potassium to replace electrolytes!
MAKES: about 4 cups
- Make the first ferment coconut water and leave the jar in a warm place for 24-48 hours.
- Add all the ingredients to a clean and sanitized swivel top bottle.
- Strain the grains, and add the first ferment to the bottle. Seal the lid, and gently shake upside down to ensure all the ingredients are well mixed.
- Seal up the green swivel top bottle and leave it in a warm place for 24 hours for the second ferment.
- Open slowly, strain and enjoy!